About Dr. Bradley Basaraba
Dr. Basaraba 20 year career in Chiropractic all started by the help a of care accident in the spring of 1986. Dr. Basaraba broke his back in the middle of the Arizona desert, were he was air evacuated to a Phoenix hospital. After the Cat Scan the diagnosis was a burst fractured of the 2 Lumbar vertebrae and other ancillary bones. Walking was impossible now let a lone sitting up in a bed. Three surgeries followed, with a spinal fusion. Two bone grafts, Harrington Rods installed and were removed. And after losing lots of weight and had learn how to walk again 2 times. Also wearing a body brace for 9 months.
Breaking my back derailed my athletic career at the highest moment. My track and football career at the University of Alabama was put on a definite hold. I was a national Canadian recorder holder and hurdle champion. And my worst injuries before this was just a sprained ankle!
During my rehab at a local gym I meet a football player who introduced me to his chiropractor. This was in between my 2nd and 3rd surgerys. All while trying to gain some weight and muscle mass back again.
Fifty weeks after fracturing my spine and 3 surgerys, I started to run again. Two years later with lots of chiropractic care I was at Canadian National Hurdle camp. I came up short trying to make the 1988 Olympic Team in 400 meter Hurdles . But my athletic skill was still at a high level and I got recruited to try out for the Canadian Bob Sleigh Team. Again chiropractic reached out to me as our team doctor was a chiropractor, the 1st for Canadian National team and in any sport including the Olympics.
Unfortunately the sport was to dangerous as accidents are part of training and racing. And I could not afford any more life threatening injuries anymore. So at 25 years old, I left the team but found my calling to be a a chiropractor.
Dr. Basaraba Education of Training
- Bachelor of Science University of Alabama
- Doctor of Chiropractic Texas Chiropractic College
- Graduate of Carrick Institute of Neurology
- Carrick Institute of Neurology Post training in Vertigo of many origins
- Carrick Institute of Neurology Post Training in Children developmental
- Carrick Institute of Neurology Post Training in Pain Rest, the latest in Functional Neurology dealing with Chronic Pain
- Medical Rotations at Royal Alexander Hospital: Internal Medicine
- Sturgeon Hospital: Rheumatology & Pain Man
- Missacordia Hospital: Radiology
- Allan Clinic: Pediatrics & Family Medicine
Dr. Basaraba International Work
Dr. Basaraba held Private Practice in Weybridge Surrey, Surgery in Twyford Berkshire England and Edmonton. National Team Doctor for Canada twice, Russian Red Army Hockey Team and Ukraine. Worked around the world with many sports agents in Hockey, Tennis, Soccer, Football and Track and Field.