Flexion Distraction Therapy in Downtown Edmonton, Alberta
Flexion Distraction is a Chiropractic therapy applied to the lumbar spine that is nonsurgical, increasing limited Range of Motion in the Lumbar Spine. This holistic alternative technique is safe, non-surgical and is none forceful. Treatment helps to re leave symptoms and or correct disc bulges, herniated discs and radiating pain associated with mechanical failure of the spine.
- Reduce pressure on the spinal nerves from a disc bulge or herniation
- Increase spinal motion within the disc and spinal joints
- A conservative option to surgery for herniated discs
- Reducing symptoms of sciatica
Flexion Distraction and how it’s performed?
A special Chiropractic table that distracts and flexes the spine slowly and lateral flexes the spine in a slow motion. By allowing the spine to restore its proper motion correctly, unilateral pressure is removed from the disc, resulting in lifting pressure off the involved disc. The negative pressure acts on the protruded disc and restores the disc to it anatomical position. The flexion distraction motion also maintains healthy discs through imbibition. The motion allows nutrients into the spinal disc and keeps them well articulated.
Flexion Distraction Chiropractic Therapy may help many diagnoses such as:
- Lumbar disc injuries (ruptured, bulging or herniated “slipped disc”)
- Low back pain
- Leg pain/SciaticaArthritisGeneral
- lower back stiffness/Spondylolisthesis/Sprain/strain
- Sacroiliac syndrome
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Failed back surgical syndrome
Flexion Distraction Therapy and Arthritis?
Because of the genital movements and slow thrusts or light pressure makes this technique well suited for patients who need a lighter touch with such conditions osteoporosis. Flexion Distraction is beatification in managing many conditions of the spinal stiffness, associated with osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis.